In Tables or Metrics, using a Calculated Item allows you to add a calculation using data from specific items within a dimension.
Illustrative example: I want to calculate the absolute difference between Dec 21 and Nov 21.
How to add a Calculated Item?
- Click in the arrow next to one item of your dimension and select Add calculated item or click in the arrow next to a dimension and select Add calculated item
- Give a name for your new Item. By default, the name is Calculated item
- Select the position of your item: Before or After a specific item or all items
- Select the type of calculation you want
- Select the specific items you want to use for your calculation
- Click on Apply, your new item is ready!
How to edit Calculation for a specific Metric?
If you are working on a Table, you can modify the calculation of a Calculated Item for a specific Metric. To do it, right clicking on the cell and select Edit Calculation for this Metric. You are now able to modify the type of calculation.
Types of calculation
|Absolute difference||A - B||Calculate the difference between 2 specific items of your dimension|
|Relative difference||(A - B)/ B||Useful for growth calculations between 2 specific items of your dimension|
|Ratio||A / B||Calculate the ratio between 2 specific items of your dimension|
|No calculation||No calculation|
How to edit a Calculated Item?
You can edit the Calculated Item in 2 ways:
Use the configuration panel and find your Calculated Item under its dimension. Click on the three points at the left of the Item and Select Edit calculated item
Click directly on the Calculated Item and select Edit calculated item
How to delete a Calculated Item?
You can delete the Calculated Item in 2 ways:
Use the configuration panel and find your Calculated Item under its dimension. Click on the three points at the left of the Item and Select Delete calculated item
Click directly on the Calculated Item and select Delete calculated item