This article will detail the process to transfer data from Workday directly into Pigment.
It is a 3-steps process:
- Build a
Custom Reportin Workday with the data you want to send to Pigment
- Build an Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) in Workday which will connect the Workday report to a Pigment block
- (Optional) Create an
Integration System User (ISU)
Build a Custom Report in Workday
Custom reports are built with the Workday Report Writer tool.
There are two ways of creating one :
- From scratch by using the
Create Custom Reporttask
- From a copy of an existing Standard report by using the
Copy Standard Report to Custom Reporttask
Make sure to activate the option "Enable as web service" to use the report in an EIB later.
Build an Enterprise Interface Builder (EIB) in Workday
To create an EIB, use the Task
Create EIB and select "OutBound".
In the "Get Data" step, select "Custom Report" then select the report you want to integrate with (note that if you forgot to enable the "Web service option" on your report you won't be able to find it). In Details > "Alternate Output format", please select "CSV".
In the "Transform" step, do nothing and click next.
In the "Deliver step", here is the configuration required:
- Delivery method: HTTP/SSL
- HTTP Address: put Pigment API URL with the API token as query parameter.
- API URL template:
- Please ask your
API_keyto your Customer Success Manager
- Follow this tutorial to create the
- API URL template:
- Web service Invocation Type: "Basic Auth" instead.
- User Id / Password: Enter any thing there. The authentication to pigment is actually done based on the API_key in your API URL.
- File Name: leave blank
Once your EIB integration is created you can launch or schedule it. Your data should appear on Pigment!
Note: If your data doesn't appear in Pigment, check the Update panel:
- If you see a failed import, it means that the data has been correctly sent to Pigment. You may need to adjust your import Pipeline configuration
- if you don't see any import: it means that Pigment didn't received the data. Double check on workday side if the "API URL" is correct and if the EIB ran correctly.
(Optional) Create an Integration System User (ISU)
We also recommend using an
Integration System User (ISU) to run your Custom report. This way you can run it with a different security profile.
Here are the steps to follow:
- Create an Integration System User using the
Create Integration System Usertask. Add this ISU to an existing
Integration System Security Group(ISSG) or create a new one.
- Using the
Maintain Password Rules task, add this ISU account to the System Users exempt from the password expiration list
- Update the relevant domain security policies so that the security group gets access to integration permissions
- Activate pending security policy changes
- Share the report with authorized users including the ISSG/ISU